- 1 Criminological Theories by Paradigm
- 1.1 Biological Theories
- 1.2 Conflict Theories
- 1.3 Deterrence and Rational Choice Theories
- 1.4 Labeling and Reintegrative Shaming Theories
- 1.5 Marxist and Critical Theories
- 1.6 Psychological and BiosocialTheories
- 1.7 Social Bonding and Control Theories
- 1.8 Social Disorganization, Anomie, and Strain Theories
- 1.9 Social Learning Theories
- 2 Purpose of this Wikia
- 3 About Texas Christian University
- 4 Who we are
- 5 Works Cited
- 6 Add a Criminological Theory
- 7 If you are new to Wikis
Criminological Theories by Paradigm
Some examples of evolutionary theory are marketing and business.I think don't judge me
Deterrence and Rational Choice Theories
Labeling and Reintegrative Shaming Theories
Marxist and Critical Theories
Social Bonding and Control Theories
Social Disorganization, Anomie, and Strain Theories
Social Learning Theories
Purpose of this Wikia
The purpose of the Criminology wiki is to provide a comprehensive discussion and evaluation of the main issues in the field of criminology. The primary focus is on different criminological theories and theoretical schools, their strengths and weaknesses, and their policy implications. Other issues addressed are research methods used by criminologists, criminal typologies, correlates of crime and facts surrounding crime and crime rate trends.
Click HERE here to learn more about TCU.
Who we are
The Criminology Wikia was founded by Michael Bachmann and his criminology undergraduate students at Texas Christian University. Through this Wikia project, we hope to get in touch with criminologists and people interested in criminology from all over the world. Please feel free to contribute to our discussions of theories and to contact us HERE.
Paradigm Information retrieved from the following.
Akers, R. L., & Sellers, C. S. (2009). Criminological Theories: Introduction, evaluation, and application. (5th ed.). New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
Add a Criminological Theory
To add a new criminological theory, enter the page title in the box below:
<createbox> bgcolor=#f3f3ff </createbox>